This recipe for garden-fresh pizza sauce makes a batch large enough to top several pizzas. You can make it right now with fresh tomatoes, but if you have a bumper crop or just want to buy a lot of in-season tomatoes and put them up for another day, canning is not your only option: try freezing them. Just remove the cores and freeze them whole. Then, turn your frozen tomatoes into pizza sauce any time of the year.
Pizza sauce is so easy easy to make using fresh tomatoes and few other ingredients.
Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 11 minutes. Makes: 1 cup.
6 large tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
½ cup finely chopped onions
½ tsp oregano
1 tsp dry red chilli flakes
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp chilli powder
Salt to taste
½ tsp sugar
1. Make criss cross slits on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
2. Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium lame for a few seconds.
4. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
7. Store in an air- tight container and use as required.
pizza recipe in urdu
pizza dough recipe
pizza sauce recipe
pizza without oven
pizza recipe without oven
For More Videos and recipes Subscribe our Channel on YouTube.